Would you like us to donate money to your favourite club, school or charity every time you shop with us? It's easy, read on to find out how.
Ritchies Community Benefit Card Program
Ritchies' Community Benefit Card Program donates a percentage of the money spent by our customers to their nominated club, school or charity. Customers! Would you like us to donate money to your service or sporting club, your children or grandchildren’s school or kindergarten, your local hospital, or your favourite charity, every time you shop with us? The Ritchies' Community Benefit program can raise funds for your favourite club, school or charity at no extra cost to you!
Do you belong to an organisation that is likely to be seeking funds this year?
- No more preparation of lengthy grant applications!
- No conditions on how you spend the money!
- No performance monitoring!
- You control the amount you receive!
- Ritchies' Community Benefit Card program is simple to work with and participate in!
Ritchies' Community Benefit Card program offers savings for customers and fundraising dollars for nominated organisations at the same time!
Here’s how it works!
- Ask for your free Ritchies Community Benefit Card at your nearest Ritchies supermarket or liquor store.
- Enter the name of the community group that you would like to be the recipient of a donation from Ritchies.
- Your Ritchies Community Benefit Card will be issued and can be used, immediately!
- You can choose to have a key tag to place upon your key ring or you might prefer the convenience of a Plastic Card to place in your wallet or purse. You might prefer one of each. The card or key tags are free and the choice is up to you!
- Your completed Application Form is returned to Ritchies Head Office, where your Community Benefit Card number and the CB number for your community group is entered into Ritchies computer.
- Every time you shop you will be asked by one of Ritchies friendly cashiers to present your Community Benefit Card!
- Your card will be scanned at the register, which will automatically allocate 0.5% of the money you spend** to your nominated organization, as long as they are achieving the minimum of $2,000 spent each month.
- There are also hundreds of weekly specials that have extra discounts for Ritchies Community Benefit Cardholders. These ‘CB’ specials are clearly marked with red shelf tickets bearing the Community Benefit logo.
- Ritchies also have CB Mobile/Multimedia for even more special offers! You must be 18 years or over to receive the mobile offers. The cashier will link your mobile phone number to your Community Benefit Card number and you instantly become registered to receive an MMS/SMS message detailing exclusive CB Mobile offers on groceries and liquor. Or you might prefer to receive an email. You’ll save or be rewarded on all items that feature the CB Mobile/Multimedia logo.
* Ritchies reserves the right to change the terms of any of its cards, programs or clubs at any time.
**In accordance with government legislation the purchase of cigarettes and tobacco products will not be included in the calculations of this program.
Help yourself to savings and help your favourite club, school or charity at the same time with your free Community Benefit Card.
Read some great examples of how the Ritchies Community Benefit Card Program has helped the community.
Help Kids Help Line!
Kids Helpline is Australia's only national children's counselling service, providing 24-hour counselling services to young people aged 5 to 25 years.
Your support will not only allow us to answer further calls, e-mails and web contacts, and also create awareness of Kids Helpline, helping us ensure that all children and young people in Australia know this service is available to them, any time, any where.
Our counsellors respond to more than 5,500 calls, e-mails and web contacts each week, often ranging from relationship breakdowns and bullying, to sexual abuse, homelessness, suicidal thoughts, mental health and drug and alcohol usage. Our counsellors work with young people to develop strategies and skills that enable them to manage their lives more effectively.
Kids Helpline: a service where kids feel safe to call, any time, any where.
Click Here to view the video.
If you would like to help kids in crisis, you can nominate Kids Helpline (CB Number: 94401) when you apply for a free Ritchies Community Benefit Card.
The Salvation Army – Red Shield Appeal
“Over the many years the Ritchies' Community Benefit Card Program has supported The Salvation Army, we have been able to make a difference in the lives of thousands of marginalized and disadvantaged people. Local support from Ritchies ensures we are able to continue to care for people in need in our local communities."
Neil Venables (Major)
Territorial Public Relations Secretary