We are a National Children's Charity run by employees and volunteers who are concerned with the care of children born with or who acquire Childhood Heart Disease (CHD). We are a not for profit organisation whose mission is to empower those effected by childhood heart disease through support, awareness, research and advocacy.
Facts about Childhood Heart Disease in Australia
- One in 100 kids are born with heart disease
- That is six babies every day across Australia
- Over 2000 per year
- Approx 45,000 under the age of 20 have been affected
- Heart Disease is the greatest killer of children in our country
- It takes more lives than all other childhood diseases combined
It accounts for 35% of childhood deaths.
CB No. 93788