Project Hope Horse Welfare Victoria first began in 1973. They are a team of volunteers dedicated to rehabilitating horses who have been abused, neglected and abandoned. The need for their existence however, is still as strong over 30 years on.
Pictured (right) is “Bear” before and after rescue.
Their main aims are:
- To assist owners through education, assistance and advice to rehabilitate their own horses.
- To provide emergency care, treatment and assistance to horses.
- To rescue and rehabilitate any horse found abandoned, sick, injured or mistreated.
- To educate the community on the plight of neglected horses.
- To contribute to the development of improved government legislation and policy.
All donations are greatly appreciated and will assist Project Hope Horse Welfare Victoria to help horses in need.
Check www.phhwv.org.au for more info.
Another way in which you can help Project Hope Horse Welfare Victoria to stop the suffering of these wonderful creatures is to nominate them to receive a monthly donation through Ritchies Community Benefit Program.
Their CB number is 93553.